7/30/2017 – 1041 AM EDT
Below is a briefing from our partners at the NWS in Ruskin regarding the potential for some heavy rainfall in our area over the next several days. Please remain alert as conditions can change rapidly as storms move through. We will continue to monitor this situation and provide further updates as necessary.
Overview: A frontal boundary is forecast to stall across Florida today, bringing deep moisture and heavy rainfall to the area. Flooding rains will be possible each day Today through Thursday.
Watch, Warnings, Advisories, Outlooks:
- Marginal to Slight risk of excessive rainfall leading to flooding Today through Thursday (see graphics).
- Flood watch may be issued later today
- Areal average rainfall of 3-6 inches possible Today through Thursday night, although localized totals may be significantly higher.
- Inland flooding, particularly over urbanized areas can happen any day through Thursday.
- River flooding will be possible through the week, particularly as basins get multiple days of heavy rain.
Day 1 Excessive Rainfall Outlook 8am Today -8am Monday
Day 2 Excessive Rainfall Outlook 8am Monday -8am Tuesday
Day 3 Excessive Rainfall Outlook 8am Tuesday -8am Wednesday