TRAINING DEPLOYMENT EXERCISE WITH HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY
JOIN OUR CLASSES GET LICENSED or UPGRADE YOUR LICENSE
HELP YOUR COMMUNITY BE THERE WHEN YOUR NEIGHBORS NEED YOU
MEET NEW PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO USE RADIOS TO MEET NEW PEOPLE WORLDWIDE
MAKE A PLAN KNOW WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO AND BE PREPARED FOR 2 WEEKS ON YOUR OWN
There are no active events at this time.
We are always looking for new volunteers – Come Join Us !
The Hillsborough County ARES/ RACES volunteers come from every corner of the county and every walk of life. Some are new in Amateur Radio, others have been around for a long time. Many volunteers are members of the various local Amateur Radio clubs but some aren’t.Read More…… →
No Major Hurricanes For 127 Months
The last major hurricane (defined as a Category 3 or above) to hit the U.S. mainland was Hurricane Wilma, which made landfall in Florida on Oct. 24, 2005.
Although a major hurricane typically strikes the U.S. about once every two years, no major hurricanes have made landfall in the U.S. for more than 10 and a half years.
The current drought in major hurricane activity is a “rare event” that occurs only once every 177 years, according to a study published last year by researchers at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) entitled The Frequency and Duration of U.S. Hurricane Droughts.
NOAA’s official “2016 hurricane season outlook will be issued on May 27th,” Dr. Gerry Bell, hurricane climate specialist at the agency’s Climate Prediction Center, told CNSNews.com.
- Atlantic Tropical Weather Outlook June 30, 2016000 ABNT20 KNHC 301744 TWOAT TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL 200 PM EDT THU JUN 30 2016 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: Tropical cyclone formation is not expected during the next 5 days. $$ Forecaster Beven
- There are no tropical cyclones at this time. June 30, 2016No tropical cyclones as of Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:26:56 GMT
- Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3376) February 6, 2016Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3376)
- Michigan Contaminated Water (EM-3375) January 16, 2016Michigan Contaminated Water (EM-3375)
- Missouri Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (EM-3374) January 2, 2016Missouri Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (EM-3374)
- South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3373) October 3, 2015South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3373)