TRAINING DEPLOYMENT EXERCISE WITH HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY
JOIN OUR CLASSES GET LICENSED or UPGRADE YOUR LICENSE
HELP YOUR COMMUNITY BE THERE WHEN YOUR NEIGHBORS NEED YOU
MEET NEW PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO USE RADIOS TO MEET NEW PEOPLE WORLDWIDE
MAKE A PLAN KNOW WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO AND BE PREPARED FOR 2 WEEKS ON YOUR OWN
NO ACTIVE EVENTS
|There are no active events at this time.|
What: Keystone Family Fun Day
Date: Saturday October 15
Time: 10am to 3pm
Where: Keystone Recreation Center – 17928 Gunn Highway, Odessa, Fl 33556
Description: Please see THIS IMAGE and THIS FLYER for more details. This should be fun for the whole family. We’re going to have a booth in the safety and service pavilion. We will need some help running the booth. If you can help, please let me know – Jon Rubin KJ4NYD
What: Get To Know Your Radio Night
Date: Wednesday October 19
Where: Hillsborough County EOC – 2711 E Hannah Ave
Description: This is a perfect opportunity for those with any kind of radio related questions to have them answered. How do repeaters work? How do I program my radio? Etc. You do not need to be a licensed amateur to attend. The only thing we ask is that if your question is about a specific radio that you own, please bring it along with any programming cables or manuals that you might have.
BASIC PREPAREDNESS TIPS
- Know where to go. If you are ordered to evacuate, know the local hurricane evacuation route(s) to take and have a plan for where you can stay.
- Put together a disaster supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate
- If you are not in an area that is advised to evacuate and you decide to stay in your home, plan for adequate supplies in case you lose power and water for several days and you are not able to leave due to flooding or blocked roads
- Make a family emergency communication plan
- Many communities have text or email alerting systems for emergency notifications. Sign up for your area. Hillsborough County Emergency Alerts or Pinellas County Emergency Alerts
- Hurricane winds can cause trees and branches to fall, so before hurricane season trim or remove damaged trees and limbs to keep you and your property safe – have a gas chainsaw, gas and oil ready just in case
- Purchase a portable generator or install a generator for use during power outages. Remember to keep generators and other alternate power/heat sources outside, at least 20 feet away from windows and doors and protected from moisture; and NEVER try to power the house wiring by plugging a generator into a wall outlet.
- Consider building a FEMA safe room or ICC 500 storm shelter designed for protection from high-winds and in locations above flooding levels.
- Review and restock your Basic Disaster Supplies Kit
Now is the time to prepare. Build your kit, Make your plan, Be prepared to help others.
The last major hurricane (defined as a Category 3 or above) to hit the U.S. mainland was Hurricane Wilma, which made landfall in Florida on Oct. 24, 2005.
- Tropical Storm MATTHEW Graphics September 28, 20165-Day Uncertainty Track last updated Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:43:48 GMT Wind Speed Probabilities last updated Wed, 28 Sep 2016 21:06:38 GMT
- Tropical Storm MATTHEW Forecast Discussion Number 2 September 28, 2016Issued at 500 PM AST WED SEP 28 2016 000 WTNT44 KNHC 282043 TCDAT4 TROPICAL STORM MATTHEW DISCUSSION NUMBER 2 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL142016 500 PM AST WED SEP 28 2016 Surface observations and aircraft data from earlier this afternoon indicate that the circulation of Matthew has continued to become better defined. […]
- Summary for Tropical Storm MATTHEW (AT4/AL142016) September 28, 2016...CENTER OF MATTHEW MOVING INTO THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN SEA... ...TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS CONTINUE OVER PORTIONS OF THE LESSER ANTILLES... As of 5:00 PM AST Wed Sep 28 the center of MATTHEW was located near 13.8, -62.0 with movement W at 18 mph. The minimum central pressure was 1008 mb with maximum sustained winds of about […]
- Tropical Storm MATTHEW Public Advisory Number 2 September 28, 2016Issued at 500 PM AST WED SEP 28 2016 000 WTNT34 KNHC 282042 TCPAT4 BULLETIN TROPICAL STORM MATTHEW ADVISORY NUMBER 2 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL142016 500 PM AST WED SEP 28 2016 ...CENTER OF MATTHEW MOVING INTO THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN SEA... ...TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS CONTINUE OVER PORTIONS OF THE LESSER ANTILLES... SUMMARY […]
- Tropical Storm MATTHEW Wind Speed Probabilities Number 2 September 28, 2016Issued at 2100 UTC WED SEP 28 2016 000 FONT14 KNHC 282042 PWSAT4 TROPICAL STORM MATTHEW WIND SPEED PROBABILITIES NUMBER 2 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL142016 2100 UTC WED SEP 28 2016 AT 2100Z THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MATTHEW WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.8 NORTH...LONGITUDE 62.0 WEST WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR […]
- Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3376) February 6, 2016Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3376)
- Michigan Contaminated Water (EM-3375) January 16, 2016Michigan Contaminated Water (EM-3375)
- Missouri Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (EM-3374) January 2, 2016Missouri Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (EM-3374)
- South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3373) October 3, 2015South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3373)