- TRAINING DEPLOYMENT EXERCISE WITH HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY
- JOIN OUR CLASSES GET LICENSED or UPGRADE YOUR LICENSE
- HELP YOUR COMMUNITY BE THERE WHEN YOUR NEIGHBORS NEED YOU
- MEET NEW PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO USE RADIOS TO MEET NEW PEOPLE WORLDWIDE
- MAKE A PLAN KNOW WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO AND BE PREPARED FOR 2 WEEKS ON YOUR OWN
There are no active events at this time.
We are always looking for new volunteers – Come Join Us !
The Hillsborough County ARES/ RACES volunteers come from every corner of the county and every walk of life. Some are new in Amateur Radio, others have been around for a long time. Many volunteers are members of the various local Amateur Radio clubs but some aren’t.Read More…… →
WHAT WE DO
Hillsborough County ARES/RACES is located in the County’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and supports the EOC as part of the ESF #2 team ( Communications ) as an auxiliary / back-up means of communications in times of emergencies or disasters. Additionally we support the City of Tampa’s EOC, law enforcement, fire rescue, utilities, hospitals, the Red Cross, shelters and more.
In non-emergency times you may find us providing communications support for parades, walk-a-thons and other community events.
Emergency communications has been a part of Amateur Radio all the way back to it’s beginnings. HAMS (as we are often called) are frequently the first means of communication into and out-of a disaster area, as we were in Haiti.
The ARES/RACES program provides training and leaders to plan, promote, facilitate and interface with both the amateur radio community and emergency service professionals to ensure a level of readiness that will allow the ARES/RACES program to be ready, trained and effective in times of emergency.
The Hillsborough County ARES/RACES program relies heavily on our local clubs and other local amateur radio operators to provide the equipment and volunteers that allow us to make a difference in times of need.
Please consider joining us – YOU can make a difference !!
- Florida State Hurricane ExerciseMAY 19-22, 2014 TO: Hillsborough County ARES/RACES VOLUNTEERS FROM: KC4HSI DATE: Wed May 21 13:12:39...
- Interoperable Communications Tabletop ExerciseApril 29, 2014 ...
- MS-Walk at Lowry ParkApril 26, 2014 HCAR will be providing communications support for the walk...
HAMS IN THE NEWS
- Ham Radio Key to Community SurvivalHam radio has captured the attention of a sustainable-community guru who says a community’s ability...
- Amateur Radio Club Connects Miami Students With Space StationAt first, the kids in the auditorium at Richmond Heights Middle School weren’t sure they’d hear a vo...
- Wi-fi the old wayKids learn about amateur radio, a hobby that can serve a need Joel from Las Vegas, you’re on with Li...