TRAINING DEPLOYMENT EXERCISE WITH HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY
JOIN OUR CLASSES GET LICENSED or UPGRADE YOUR LICENSE
HELP YOUR COMMUNITY BE THERE WHEN YOUR NEIGHBORS NEED YOU
MEET NEW PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO USE RADIOS TO MEET NEW PEOPLE WORLDWIDE
MAKE A PLAN KNOW WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO AND BE PREPARED FOR 2 WEEKS ON YOUR OWN
There are no active events at this time.
! ! ! CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !
! ! ! Congratulations to the 12 NEW HAMS who successfully passed their Technician License exams ! ! !
! ! ! Congratulations to the 3 HAMS who successfully passed their General class License exams ! ! !
We are always looking for new volunteers – Come Join Us !
The Hillsborough County ARES/ RACES volunteers come from every corner of the county and every walk of life. Some are new in Amateur Radio, others have been around for a long time. Many volunteers are members of the various local Amateur Radio clubs but some aren’t.Read More…… →
No Major Hurricanes For 127 Months
The last major hurricane (defined as a Category 3 or above) to hit the U.S. mainland was Hurricane Wilma, which made landfall in Florida on Oct. 24, 2005.
Although a major hurricane typically strikes the U.S. about once every two years, no major hurricanes have made landfall in the U.S. for more than 10 and a half years.
The current drought in major hurricane activity is a “rare event” that occurs only once every 177 years, according to a study published last year by researchers at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) entitled The Frequency and Duration of U.S. Hurricane Droughts.
NOAA’s official “2016 hurricane season outlook will be issued on May 27th,” Dr. Gerry Bell, hurricane climate specialist at the agency’s Climate Prediction Center, told CNSNews.com.
- Atlantic Tropical Weather Outlook August 24, 2016000 ABNT20 KNHC 242332 TWOAT TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL 800 PM EDT WED AUG 24 2016 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Gaston, located about 1100 miles west of the Cabo Verde Islands. A broad area […]
- Tropical Storm GASTON Graphics August 24, 20165-Day Uncertainty Track last updated Wed, 24 Aug 2016 20:36:06 GMT Wind Speed Probabilities last updated Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:05:40 GMT
- Tropical Storm GASTON Forecast Discussion Number 9 August 24, 2016Issued at 500 PM AST WED AUG 24 2016 000 WTNT42 KNHC 242034 TCDAT2 TROPICAL STORM GASTON DISCUSSION NUMBER 9 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL072016 500 PM AST WED AUG 24 2016 Gaston is being affected by southwesterly vertical shear associated with a strong mid- to upper-level trough and cut-off low seen in […]
- Tropical Storm GASTON Wind Speed Probabilities Number 9 August 24, 2016Issued at 2100 UTC WED AUG 24 2016 000 FONT12 KNHC 242033 PWSAT2 TROPICAL STORM GASTON WIND SPEED PROBABILITIES NUMBER 9 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL072016 2100 UTC WED AUG 24 2016 AT 2100Z THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GASTON WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 17.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 40.6 WEST WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR […]
- Summary for Tropical Storm GASTON (AT2/AL072016) August 24, 2016...GASTON MAINTAINING ITS INTENSITY FOR NOW... As of 5:00 PM AST Wed Aug 24 the center of GASTON was located near 17.4, -40.6 with movement NW at 16 mph. The minimum central pressure was 990 mb with maximum sustained winds of about 70 mph.
- Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3376) February 6, 2016Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3376)
- Michigan Contaminated Water (EM-3375) January 16, 2016Michigan Contaminated Water (EM-3375)
- Missouri Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (EM-3374) January 2, 2016Missouri Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (EM-3374)
- South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3373) October 3, 2015South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3373)