TRAINING DEPLOYMENT EXERCISE WITH HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY
JOIN OUR CLASSES GET LICENSED or UPGRADE YOUR LICENSE
HELP YOUR COMMUNITY BE THERE WHEN YOUR NEIGHBORS NEED YOU
MEET NEW PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO USE RADIOS TO MEET NEW PEOPLE WORLDWIDE
MAKE A PLAN KNOW WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO AND BE PREPARED FOR 2 WEEKS ON YOUR OWN
There are no active events at this time.
Visit the following links for more information:
National Hurricane Center: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
Weather Underground Hurricane Center: https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Invest-99L
Hurricane Resources (maps, shelters, supplies, etc): http://hcaresraces.org/hurricane/
We are always looking for new volunteers – Come Join Us !
The Hillsborough County ARES/ RACES volunteers come from every corner of the county and every walk of life. Some are new in Amateur Radio, others have been around for a long time. Many volunteers are members of the various local Amateur Radio clubs but some aren’t.Read More…… →
No Major Hurricanes For 127 Months
The last major hurricane (defined as a Category 3 or above) to hit the U.S. mainland was Hurricane Wilma, which made landfall in Florida on Oct. 24, 2005.
Although a major hurricane typically strikes the U.S. about once every two years, no major hurricanes have made landfall in the U.S. for more than 10 and a half years.
The current drought in major hurricane activity is a “rare event” that occurs only once every 177 years, according to a study published last year by researchers at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) entitled The Frequency and Duration of U.S. Hurricane Droughts.
NOAA’s official “2016 hurricane season outlook will be issued on May 27th,” Dr. Gerry Bell, hurricane climate specialist at the agency’s Climate Prediction Center, told CNSNews.com.
- Atlantic Tropical Weather Outlook August 27, 2016000 ABNT20 KNHC 271732 TWOAT TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL 200 PM EDT SAT AUG 27 2016 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Gaston, located more than 700 miles east-southeast of Bermuda. A weak area of low […]
- Tropical Storm GASTON Graphics August 27, 20165-Day Uncertainty Track last updated Sat, 27 Aug 2016 14:40:18 GMT Wind Speed Probabilities last updated Sat, 27 Aug 2016 15:06:38 GMT
- Tropical Storm GASTON Forecast Discussion Number 20 August 27, 2016Issued at 1100 AM AST SAT AUG 27 2016 000 WTNT42 KNHC 271440 TCDAT2 TROPICAL STORM GASTON DISCUSSION NUMBER 20 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL072016 1100 AM AST SAT AUG 27 2016 A 0954Z WindSAT microwave image indicated that Gaston had developed a 15-nmi-diameter low-level eye that was embedded in the center of […]
- Tropical Storm GASTON Wind Speed Probabilities Number 20 August 27, 2016Issued at 1500 UTC SAT AUG 27 2016 000 FONT12 KNHC 271440 PWSAT2 TROPICAL STORM GASTON WIND SPEED PROBABILITIES NUMBER 20 NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL072016 1500 UTC SAT AUG 27 2016 AT 1500Z THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM GASTON WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 28.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 53.2 WEST WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR […]
- Summary for Tropical Storm GASTON (AT2/AL072016) August 27, 2016...GASTON STRENGTHENS A LITTLE... ...EXPECTED TO BECOME A HURRICANE AGAIN LATER TODAY... As of 11:00 AM AST Sat Aug 27 the center of GASTON was located near 28.4, -53.2 with movement NW at 10 mph. The minimum central pressure was 995 mb with maximum sustained winds of about 70 mph.
- Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3376) February 6, 2016Louisiana Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3376)
- Michigan Contaminated Water (EM-3375) January 16, 2016Michigan Contaminated Water (EM-3375)
- Missouri Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (EM-3374) January 2, 2016Missouri Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (EM-3374)
- South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3373) October 3, 2015South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding (EM-3373)